Emotional Intelligence Case Studies

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

Emotional Intelligence issues in this case include: a) cognitive distortions, b) attribution error, c) faulty causal analysis, d) emotional reasoning e.g. taking emotional feelings for reality e) External locus of control, f) personalizing, g) blame shifting h) failure to handle and cope with negative emotions i) lack of self awareness to enable reading own emotions accurately, j) lack of self-management in failing to control own negative emotions k) lack of social skills to read emotions in others and respond with empathy e.g. blaming others, complaining and jealous l) lack of motivation to move ahead from failure to other challenges

Emotional Intelligence Success Factors

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

The Emotional Intelligence Components of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationships management are key success factors in business and in life. These factors are key drivers of success, productivity and effectiveness both at work and life in general.

Public Speaking Tips

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

How can you open your public speaking session with a powerful, captivating opening that will hold your audience’s interest? How can you grab and retain the attention of your audience?

PRESENTATION SKILLS

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

Why do we need presentation skills? After all it is just talking,

Emotional Intelligence Quiz

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

An emotionally intelligent response would include the following elements: a) Viewing the situation as a challenge b) Viewing situation as a problem solving opportunity c) Seeing learning opportunities d) Seeing team building opportunities through collective problem solving and decision making e) view negative emotions as distractions to be avoided f) deploying stress deflection through strategic attention allocation g) shift attention away from stress to problem solving and execution h) tune out of negative emotions mode and tuning in to positive emotions i) deploy emotional intelligence competencies to problem solving and solution execution

Emotional Intelligence Implications

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

IQ contributes only 20% to life success while emotional intelligence (EQ) contributes the remaining 80%

Emotional Intelligence Quotes

Article Written By: Joiline Gorlova

"To know oneself is a great knowledge....."