Facts from Studies
- IQ contributes only 20% to life success while emotional intelligence (EQ) contributes the remaining 80%
- The 5 components of emotional intelligence are self-awareness, managing emotions, self-motivation, empathy and handling relationships.
- Human beings have the equivalent of two minds namely one that thinks and one that feels.
- The two sections of the brain to a greater degree operate independently.
- Strong emotions interfere with clear thinking for example anxiety undermines the intellect.
- The goal for personal effectiveness is to find balance between reason and emotion.
- Flow is a skill of full immersion in a task and it is emotional intelligence at its best.
- Cultivating emotional intelligence is a cost-effective management imperative.
- Feedback is the currency of emotional intelligence in management and leadership.
- The success of a group is not determined by the IQ of the team members, but rather by their emotional intelligence.
Emotional Intelligence Implications
- Develop emotional intelligence of work teams to increase team productivity and effectiveness
- Create feedback loops for all management processes to allow continuous development from feedback input
- Invest in emotional intelligence of team members as it is a key driver of team performance
- Ensure employee development interventions which take care of both the intellectual and emotional aspects
- Ensure employee development covers the 5 components of emotional intelligence namely self-awareness, managing emotions, self-motivation, empathy and handling relationships for balanced EQ development.
It is empirical, Emotional Intelligence as a Key Success Factor contributes 80% of productivity! Invest in a course that contributes 80% to team productivity and learn more emotional intelligence implications for management.