Skills for Powerful Presentations :
- Use of verbal communication skills to make an effective presentation
- Employment of non-verbal cues to effectively reach audience
- Good poise during a presentation
- Handle questions and overcome any objections effectively
- Ability to identify and solve problems arising related to presentations
- Working in team in making presentations effective
- Organizing self and others for effective presentations
- Effective communication
- High self-awareness, empathy and social skills
Importance of Presentation Skills
Why do we need presentation skills? After all it is just talking, and most people are born with the ability to speak except for ones with a disability in this area!
Well, presentation skills are valuable on several levels.
- They are an important skill in business interactions
- They increase personal effectiveness at work
- They are an immense confidence boost in interactions
- They have phenomenal power of persuasion
- They increase market value of holder of such skills
Impact of Presentation
Words, Voice and Body language have different impacts on the effectiveness of a presentation. A study by psychologist, Albert Mehrabian, found out that the impact of Words, Voice and Body Language to effectiveness of communication is: Words 7%, Voice 38%, and Body Language 55%.
His study also found the following:
- Words, Voice and Body Language have a positive impact on a verbal communication only when there is congruence between the 3 variables.
- Communication effectiveness increases with congruence between the communication signals sent out by the words, the voice and the body language.
- Communication effectiveness diminishes when Words, Voice and Body Language send conflicting signals.
Learn more by enrolling for the presentation skills course. Book here