The training professional registration journey can be trying at times. It is helpful to get support from professional partners to make the journey less wearisome. Here are some training professional registration guidelines to those embarking on the process.
Training Professional Registration Guidelines
The South African Training and Development landscape provides for both accredited and none accredited training. If you choose to train accredited courses, you will need registration with the relevant Education Quality Assurance Authority (ETQA). The ETQA can be one of the 20 Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETA), QCTO or an industry Professional Body.
Training Professional Registration: Facilitator, Assessor & Moderator
- The ETQAs registers training facilitators and assessors, training moderators and skills development facilitators.
- Registration is against qualifications or units of qualifications (unit standards).
- Assessor registration allows one to facilitate and assess training of the qualifications stated in the registration letter,
- Moderator registration allows moderation of training courses of listed qualifications in letter of registration.
- Registration is for a period of 3-5 years and subject to renewal.
Supporting Document Requirements
Application support documentary requirements are generally the following:
- Completed Assessor, Moderator, or SDF Application Form
- ID Copy
- Certificates and Transcripts of Subject Matter Expert Area
- Assessors Course SAQA ID 115753 Statement of Results for Assessor Registration
- Moderators Course SAQA ID 115759 Statement of Results for Moderator Registration
- SDF Course Statement of Results for Skills Development Facilitator Registration
- Testimonials/Reference Letters
- All copies of personal documents should be duly certified
Applications are submitted via email, on online portals, or by post depending with the ETQA. Ease of application varies with ETQA. Turnaround time varies with SETA but ranges from 30-90 days.
Contact us for consultation on your Assessor and Moderator Registration. Contact Us Here